Transport Systems have introduced new pricing tariffs for both Gardens Point campus and Kelvin Grove campus. These tariffs are effective from Monday, 20 February 2017.
Our team has made a number of changes to simplify pricing and improve resource utilisation.
Due to the increasing demand for parking, Transport Systems have significantly increased tariffs for customers who do not hold a valid QUT ID Card. Parking fees for Visitor/Other customers will now be aligned with proximate commercial parking facilities in Brisbane CBD.
- The comparatively low parking cost at QUT meant that a significant number of parking bays were being used by members of the public.
- As the limited number of bays were occupied, staff and students were often required to queue for parking - sometimes for long wait times!
Transport Systems hopes the increased Visitor/Other tariff will reduce demand from customers not affiliated with the University, allowing space to become available for QUT staff and students.
QUT ID Cardholder Tariff
For staff and students at Gardens Point campus, there is a slight increase in the "up to 1hr" rate, moving from $4.00 to $5.00. All other rates remain unchanged (the maximum daily rate for staff/students who present their ID Card is $40).
For the University community at Kelvin Grove campus, the changes include:
- Unified pricing for all parking locations (all parking on campus will be at the same rate, including pay and display parking).
- There is also a small increase to each tariff step, with pricing now starting at $5.00 for "up to 1hr", with a maximum daily rate of $11.00.
Parking at the University on the weekend will now be available at a flat daily fee of $10.00 for Gardens Point and $5.00 for Kelvin Grove.
Members of the public who access evening parking at Gardens Point will now enjoy a low rate of $5.00 per hour. This rate only applies for customers who enter after 6:00pm and leave before midnight.
This rate is only available to Visitor/Other customers; staff and students with a QUT ID Card will continue to enjoy the lower ID Cardholder tariff.
Other Terms and Conditions
Transport Systems is also taking this opportunity to clarify a number of other terms and conditions which affect parking on campus, including:.
- All weekday tariffs apply for a rolling 24 hour period; weekend tariffs apply per calendar day.
- Customers are required to leave the car park immediately after payment; failure to leave within 15min will incur additional charges.
- The fee payable for lost or damaged parking tickets is now charged for each 24hr period of parking (including weekends).
With the increase to the Visitor/Other tariff, Transport Systems would like to remind all customers that they should confirm the price before making payment for their parking ticket. Customers who have a valid QUT ID Card will received the discounted ID Cardholder rates where:
- A valid QUT ID Card is presented at the pay station before the parking ticket is inserted.
- The parking ticket is inserted within five seconds of the ID Card being touched on the pay station.
Customers are strongly encouraged to confirm the price before making payment; if the ID Cardholder rate has not applied, the transaction can be cancelled and restarted. Where the customer has failed to access Differential Pricing correctly, Transport Systems will not refund any parking fee paid at the Visitor/Other rate.
As a reminder:
- Differential Pricing is not available for parking tickets which have been validated.
- Pre-Paid Vouchers cannot be used to pay for parking discounted to the QUT ID Cardholder rate.