Transport Systems is committed to providing the best parking options possible for all staff, students and visitors to QUT. The University operates pay & display car parks on the Gardens Point and Kelvin Grove campuses. The car parks are designed to cater for staff, students and visitors who require short term parking on the campuses.
Most car parks operate 24 hours per day, seven days a week.
On this Page
Casual Parking Locations
Pay on Exit
Transport Systems operates pay on exit parking facilities at both Gardens Point campus and Kelvin Grove. These include:
- GP P Block (SEC)
- GP SZC Block *
- GP Under Freeway Car Park
- KG F Block (SLSC)
- KG J Block
- KG Sports Lane
Please Note: The parking facility located at the basement levels of S Block, Z Block and C Block buildings operates as a permit-only area between 7:00am and 4:00pm, Monday to Friday; casual parking is only available on weekday evenings (i.e. enter after 4:00pm and exit before 7:00am), and on weekends.
Please refer to the using pay on exit facilities section below for information about how to access these parking facilities.
Pay and Display
At our Kelvin Grove campus, Transport Systems also provide a number of smaller parking areas which operate using a pay and display model. These include:
- KG K Block;
- KG Rainforest;
- KG H Block; and
- KG Z9 Block
Casual Parking Tariffs
|Duration of Stay||Gardens Point||Kelvin Grove|
|QUT ID Holder||Visitor/Other||QUT ID Holder||Visitor/Other|
|Up to 1 Hour||$5.00||$15.00||$5.00||$5.00|
|1 to 2 Hours||$6.00||$30.00||$6.00||$10.00|
|2 to 3 Hours||$8.00||$45.00||$6.00||$15.00|
|3 to 4 Hours||$10.00||$60.00||$7.00||$20.00|
|4 to 5 Hours||$12.00||$75.00||$7.00||$25.00|
|5 to 6 Hours||$16.00||$75.00||$8.00||$30.00|
|6 to 7 Hours||$25.00||$75.00||$8.00||$30.00|
|7 to 8 Hours||$30.00||$75.00||$9.00||$35.00|
|8 to 9 Hours||$35.00||$75.00||$9.00||$35.00|
|9 to 24 Hours||$40.00||$75.00||$11.00||$35.00|
|Lost or Damaged Ticket||$40.00||$75.00||$25.00||$35.00|
|All prices include GST.|
Evening Parking (Gardens Point Campus)
Visitor/Other customers who enter after 6:00pm and exit before midnight will receive a discounted rate of $5.00 per hour or part thereof.
Weekend and Public Holiday Parking
QUT provides a low daily rate for parking on weekends (the tariff applies per entry/exit transaction, and per calendar day).
|Campus||Gardens Point||Kelvin Grove|
Using Pay and Display Parking
When entering the car parks, customers first find a car space before going to one of the ticket machines located in the car park. Once parking duration has been selected and paid for, the customer will then be issued with a ticket, which must be displayed on their vehicle while the vehicle is parked in the car park.
The pay and display machines accept credit cards and coins. If you experience problems with one form of payment, please try another, or try a different machine. Transport Systems kindly asks that you report all faults on 3138 2225 between 8:30am and 4:30pm, Monday to Friday.
Using large numbers of silver coins to pay for parking often causes jams in the equipment; please use gold coins where possible, and limit the use of silver coins. Because of their shape, fifty cent coins are often the cause of coin jams and should be avoided. To avoid any inconvenience or delays, Transport Systems recommends customers should keep some gold coins handy.
Infringement notices will be issued to vehicles:
- that do not display a valid ticket/permit;
- whose ticket/permit is not completely visible through the windscreen;
- that are not parked in a designated bay; and
- that overstay the time printed on their ticket.
Using Pay on Exit Parking
When entering the car park, please press the green button to receive your ticket. Find a parking bay and take the ticket with you when you leave the car park. On returning to the car park, payment can be made at any Pay Station (cash or card), or at the exit boom-gate (card only).
Customers should note:
- Fees apply for each 24 hour period.
- All parking requires payment before existing the car park. Customers who exit the parking facility without making payment may incur additional fees/penalties, may be charged the maximum daily rate, or may receive an infringement.
- Once payment is made, customers must immediately exit the parking facility; additional fees apply for customers who do not exit within a predefined "grace period".
QUT provides current staff and students with access to discounted parking rates for casual parking. In order to access the discounted ID Cardholder fee, customers must:
- Badge (i.e. touch) a valid staff or student identification card on the pay station card reader.
- Immediately insert the parking ticket to the machine. The ticket must be inserted within five seconds.
- Confirm the amount due for payment. *
- Make the required payment using one of the approved payment methods.
Where Differential Pricing has not been accessed correctly, Transport Systems will not refund any parking fee paid at the Visitor/Other rate.
Customers should note:
- Differential Pricing is not available on validated tickets (offers are non combinable).
- ID Cardholder fees only apply to current staff and students who present a valid QUT ID Card at the Pay Station immediately before making payment.
- The ID Cardholder rate is not available at exit boom-gates.
- Customers must enter their parking ticket immediately after badging (i.e. touching) a valid QUT ID Card; pay stations have been programmed with a security feature which causes the transaction to time-out after a pre-defined period (approximately five seconds).
- Customers are advised to check the amount due for payment after inserting their parking ticket. If the amount payable does not represent the ID Cardholder fee, please cancel the transaction and start the process again.
- Differential Pricing is currently only available in pay on exit parking facilities; no discount will apply for pay and display parking.
Pre-Paid Parking Vouchers
Transport Systems provides the following pre-paid voucher options.
|Voucher Type||Gardens Point||Kelvin Grove|
|Up to 4 Hours||$66.00||Not Available|
|Up to 24 Hours||$82.50||$38.50|
|All prices include GST.|
Purchasing Pre-Paid Vouchers
- A minimum of five vouchers (of each type) can be purchased at any one time.
- An email should be sent to email@example.com including information on the number and type of voucher you wish to buy, payment method (include account code for internal transfers) as well as a delivery address.
- Vouchers are valid for approximately 12 months (please refer to the "valid until" date printed on the voucher).
- Please do not use staples and/or sticky tape on these vouchers as they could damage the machine.
Using Pre-Paid Vouchers
- Visitors/guests should be directed to park in any casual parking facility for the specified campus where they will take a parking ticket from the entry boom-gate, find a bay and park. They should keep this ticket on their person.
- At the event/meeting, each guest will be given a voucher by a staff member at the activity they are attending.
- When the visitor returns to the car park, they must proceed to one of the full-service pay stations (pre-paid vouchers cannot be used at exit boom-gates).
- To use the pre-paid voucher, the customer must:
- Insert their parking ticket into the Pay Station.
- When prompted for payment, insert the voucher.
- If additional payment is required, the remaining balance can then be paid using any available payment method.
- Once payment has been received, the parking ticket will be returned; the ticket can be used to immediately exit the boom-gate.