Bicycle Security on Campus
- Always wear an approved cycling helmet.
- Ensure that your bicycle is well maintained and in a fit condition to ride.
- Keep to roads, cycleways and shared areas wherever possible - remember to obey all road rules.
- For the safety of pedestrians, Cyclist must dismount and walk their bike through the University grounds.
- Purchase a solid metal "D Lock" to secure your bike. Other cable or chain locks are too easily defeated.
- Always dismount when crossing busy streets and roadways.
- If riding your bike at night, ensure that it is fitted with lights, both front and rear.
- When on campus place your bike in the access controlled bike storage racks provided and D lock it.
- When parking your bike off campus, lock up as much of it as you can. Remove accessories, if you don't someone else might.
- Carry your helmet with you on campus.
- Engrave and record your bike frame serial number. Your local Queensland Police Station will loan you an engraver at no charge.
- Lock as much of your bike as you can and remove accessories.
- Consider using one of the many tracking systems now available that can be attached to your bike and linked to a smart phone App that allows you to locate your bike at any time. Among the products that do this include;
Cycle Leash, Sherlock.bike or Biketrak
- For further information go to Bike Security