QUT Security recognises the needs of victims of events on campus such as crime, and emergencies situations that may cause stress and trauma.
Who is a victim?
A primary victim is someone who has suffered physical harm, emotional trauma and/or personal or property loss as a result of criminal activity or an emergency situation. A secondary victim is someone who has witnessed a crime or an emergency situation and is traumatised by the event.
What help can a victim expect from Security
Security first responders will be able to advise and help victims in most cases. Security may refer victims to specially trained people on campus listed below. However the choice to use these services is the victims alone and their decision will be respected. If the victim wants police assistance, the police will respond within the terms of their protocols, separate from the university.
If you need support it is available from:
- Security (24 hours) 3138 5585 or use the freecall Security number 1800 065 585.
- Equity 3138 2699
- Health Services 3138 2321
- Counselling Services 3138 2383
- Chaplaincy Services 3138 2700
- Student Guild 3138 1666
- QUT Employee Assistance Scheme (EAS) 1800 808 374
- Student Ombudsman 31382457
- International Student Services 31382109