Harassing Phone Calls
- It is stalking and against the law to harass people in any manner
- If you receive a call which upsets you or causes you fear, you should
- Remain calm, it just may be a wrong number.
- Quickly check and record the details on the LCD display phone, as well as the time and date.
- Don’t engage with the caller. This may be seen as encouragement.
- Hang the phone up as soon as you feel threatened or abused.
- Report the matter immediately to the police, if on campus also report the matter to Security and your area manager.
- Remember; never tell anyone you do not know your name or personal contact details.
- If this happens off campus all major phone companies have procedures for dealing with harassing phone calls, contact your provider for further advice.