- It is stalking and against the law to harass people in any manner
- If you receive an email which upsets you or causes you fear, you should
- Remain calm, you may have received the email in error or it could be bulk spam email.
- Don’t engage or respond to the email, this is what they are usually after.
- Do not delete the email.
- Report the matter immediately to the police, if on campus also report the matter to Security and your area manager and Information Technology Services.
- Remember; never tell anyone you do not know your name or personal contact details.
- If this happens off campus all major internet providers have procedures for dealing with harassing emails, contact your provider for further advice.