After Hours Access
- Staff and students are required to carry their QUT issued identity cards at all times so that they can easily establish their identity after hours and therefore not be impeded in carrying out their programs of work and research.
- Staff members who require after hours access to their workplace must make arrangements with the head of their organisational unit and then contact Security to obtain the means of access.
- Students may be granted after hours access by the head of their organisational unit who must also provide the means of access to the areas authorised.
- Contractors may be granted after hours access to the University to work on a specific project. This may be authorised by the Project Manager via Campus Services or the Campus Coordinator of the relevant campus, who will supply details of this to Security to provide access.
- Short term emergency after hours access may be gained at any time by contacting Security on extension 85585. Security staff will first establish the requester's identity and reasons, before providing a short-term escort into the secure area at their discretion.
- If working after hours, know where the public phones are on campus or better yet, carry a mobile phone with you and download the SafeZone app