Stalking and Harassment
- Stalking is a crime and a Police matter. QUT supports students and staff in the pursuit of a harassment free environment.
- Stalking includes someone following you, loitering at your workplace, your home or anywhere you visit frequently, interfering with your property, watching you, telephoning, emailing, texting or otherwise contacting and annoying you, leaving something offensive where you will find it or threatening or intimidating you.
- If you are being stalked contact the Police immediately on 000. Do not approach or talk to the stalker.
- If it occurs on campus you should also contact QUT Security, we can offer personal security escorts, personal safety information and other protective services.
- More information is available from the Queensland Police Services website http://www.police.qld.gov.au/programs/cscp/dv/Stalking.htm