As parking is limited, students are encouraged to consider all other options available to them before applying for campus parking such as:
- Public Transport
- Shuttle Buses
- Commercial Car Parks
- Or a combination of these alternatives
Gardens Point Campus:
- Parking Permits are required in all permit areas at all times
- All parking on the Gardens Point campus attracts a fee
- Casual Parkingis available for all students at P Block (SEC) and the Under Freeway car park. These carparks are pay on exit facilities and are open 24 hours, 7 days a week.
Kelvin Grove Campus:
- Parking Permits are required in all areas at all times
- All parking on the Kelvin Grove campus attracts a fee
- Casual Parking car parks are available across the campus
In order to apply for a parking permit, students are required to complete the relevant Parking Application Form. Application forms are available online through QUT Virtual (within the transport portal on the QUT Life/My QUT tab) Parking Application Online User Guide
When applying for a permit for either the Gardens Point or Kelvin Grove campuses, students will need to justify a reason to park on campus, as spaces are extremely limited. Applicants are ranked according to need and parking is offered to those applicants who demonstrate the greatest need. Students and staff compete equally for the general pool spaces at Gardens Point and Kelvin Grove campuses. All applications must reach Parking Services by the due date. Applications received after the due date will be considered late applications and your chance of obtaining a car park permit will be greatly reduced.