Transport Systems is committed to providing the best parking options possible for all staff, students and visitors to QUT. The University operates pay & display car parks on the Gardens Point and Kelvin Grove campuses. The car parks are designed to cater for staff, students and visitors who require short term parking on the campuses.
Most car parks operate 24 hours per day, seven days a week.
On this Page
Gardens Point Campus
Transport Systems operates a number of pay-on-exit parking facilities at Gardens Point campus. These include:
- P Block (SEC);
- Under Freeway Car Park; and
- SZC Block *
Please Note: The parking facility located at the basement levels of S Block, Z Block and C Block buildings operates as a permit-only area between 7:00am and 4:00pm, Monday to Friday; casual parking is only available on weekday evenings (i.e. enter after 4:00pm and exit before 7:00am), and on weekends.
|Duration of Stay||QUT ID Holder||Visitor/Other|
|Up to 1 Hour||$4.00||$5.00|
|1 to 2 Hours||$6.00||$7.00|
|2 to 3 Hours||$8.00||$10.00|
|3 to 4 Hours||$10.00||$15.00|
|4 to 5 Hours||$12.00||$20.00|
|5 to 6 Hours||$16.00||$25.00|
|6 to 7 Hours||$25.00||$30.00|
|7 to 8 Hours||$30.00||$35.00|
|8 to 9 Hours||$35.00||$40.00|
|9 to 24 Hours||$40.00||$50.00|
|Lost or Damaged Ticket||$40.00||$50.00|
Kelvin Grove Campus
Transport Systems operates a two pay-on-exit facilities at Kelvin Grove campus. These include:
- F Block (SLSC); and
- KG Oval
There are also a number of pay-and-display parking facilities around campus, including:
- Creative Industries Precinct (also known as "Lot 5") (located off Gona Parade)
- D/E Block;
- H Block;
- K Block (corner of Musk Avenue and Victoria Park Road); and
F Block (SLSC) and Red Zones
|Duration of Stay||
|F Block (SLSC)|
|QUT ID Holder||Visitor/Other|
|Up to 1 Hour||$3.00||$3.00||$5.00|
|1 to 3 Hours||$4.00||$4.00||$6.00|
|3 to 4 Hours||$5.00||$5.00||$8.00|
|4 to 5 Hours||$6.00||$6.00||$10.00|
|5 to 7 Hours||$7.00||$7.00||$12.00|
|7 to 9 Hours||$8.00||$8.00||$15.00|
|9 to 24 Hours||$10.00||$10.00||$20.00|
|Lost or Damaged Ticket||N/A||$20.00||$30.00|
|Duration of Stay||KG Oval|
|QUT ID Holder||Visitor/Other|
|Up to 1 Hour||$2.00||$4.00|
|1 to 4 Hours||$3.00||$6.00|
|4 to 6 Hours||$4.00||$8.00|
|6 to 9 Hours||$6.00||$12.00|
|9 to 24 Hours||$8.00||$16.00|
|Lost or Damaged Ticket||$20.00||$30.00|
Please Note: Parking on the Oval (access via Herson Road) is offered free-of-charge on weekends; parking fees are only applicable Monday to Friday.
Off Campus Parking at QRU Ballymore
QUT operates a temporary parking facility at Queensland Rugby Union's Ballymore site. This location is being introduced to offset the reduced parking capacity at KG Oval during the construction of our new Sports Field Car Park.
The parking facility at QRU Ballymore is accessible from the Gould Road entry.
Customers should note:
- Ballymore will operate with both permit parking and casual parking during teaching/exam weeks.
- The fees for a casual parking ticket will be higher than the permit price.
- Ballymore is located off-campus, approximately 1.5km from KG Campus.
- A frequent shuttle bus service will operate between the campus and parking location (approximately every 10 minutes).
|Duration of Stay||QRU Ballymore|
|Daily Parking (Flat Rate)||$4.00||$6.00|
Using pay-and-display facilities
When entering the car parks, customers first find a car space before going to one of the ticket machines located in the car park. Once parking duration has been selected and paid for, the customer will then be issued with a ticket, which must be displayed on their vehicle while the vehicle is parked in the car park.
The pay-and-display machines accept credit cards and coins. If you experience problems with one form of payment, please try another, or try a different machine. Transport Systems kindly asks that you report all faults on 3138 2225 between 8:30am and 4:30pm, Monday to Friday.
Please Note: As alternative machines and payment methods are available, parking without a ticket is likely to result in an infringement.
Using large numbers of silver coins to pay for parking often causes jams in the equipment; please use gold coins where possible, and limit the use of silver coins. Because of their shape, fifty cent coins are often the cause of coin jams and should be avoided. To avoid any inconvenience or delays, Transport Systems recommends customers should keep some gold coins handy.
Infringement notices will be issued to vehicles:
- that do not display a valid ticket/permit;
- whose ticket/permit is not completely visible through the windscreen;
- that are not parked in a designated bay; and
- that overstay the time printed on their ticket.
Using pay-on-exit facilities
When entering the car park, please press the green button to receive your ticket. Find a parking bay and take the ticket with you when you leave the car park. On returning to the car park, payment can be made at any Pay Station (cash or card), or at the exit boom-gate (card only).
Customers should note:
- Fees apply for each 24 hour period.
- All parking requires payment before existing the car park. Customers who exit the parking facility without making payment may incur additional fees/penalties, may be charged the maximum daily rate, or may receive an infringement.
- Once payment is made, customers must immediately exit the parking facility; additional fees apply for customers who do not exit within a predefined "grace period".
QUT provides current staff and students with access to discounted parking rates for casual parking.
Accessing differential pricing
In order to access the discounted QUT ID Card Holder fee, customers must:
- Badge (i.e. touch) a current staff or student identification card on the pay station card reader.
- Insert the parking ticket to the machine and confirm the amount due for payment. *
- Make the required payment using one of the approved payment methods.
Customers should note:
- QUT ID Card Holder fees only apply to current staff and students who present a valid QUT ID Card at the Pay Station before making payment. The QUT ID Card Holder rate is not available at exit boom-gates.
- Customers must enter their parking ticket immediately after badging (i.e. touching) a valid QUT ID Card; pay stations have been programmed with a security feature which causes the transaction to time-out after a pre-defined period (approximately eight seconds).
- Customers are advised to check the amount due for payment after inserting their parking ticket. If the amount payable does not represent the QUT ID Card Holder fee, please cancel the transaction and start the process again.
- There is currently a known error which prevents differential pricing applying to the Lost or Damaged Ticket fee. QUT ID Card Holders who have lost or damaged their parking ticket are advised to contact our Security Team using the pay station intercom feature so that our team can manually adjust the fee (identification verification will be necessary).
- Differential Pricing is currently only available in pay-on-exit parking facilities; no discount will apply for pay-and-display parking.
Pre-paid parking vouchers
Transport Systems provides the following pre-paid voucher options.
|Voucher Type||Kelvin Grove||Gardens Point|
|Up to 4 Hour||Not Available||$10.00|
|UP to 24 Hours||$10.00||$40.00|
Purchasing pre-paid vouchers
- Faculties and Divisions can buy vouchers from our office. A minimum of five (of each type) can be purchased at any one time and are valid for one year from date printed on the pre-paid voucher.
- An email should be sent to email@example.com including information on the number and type of voucher you wish to buy, account code for payment as well as a delivery address. Pre-paid vouchers will be delivered; a signature will be required to confirm delivery.
- Please do not use staples and/or sticky tape on these vouchers as they could damage the machine.
Using pre-paid vouchers
- Visitors/guests should be directed to park in any casual parking facility for the specified campus where they will take a parking ticket from the entry boom-gate, find a bay and park. They should keep this ticket on their person.
- At the event/meeting, each guest will be given a voucher by a staff member at the activity they are attending.
- When the visitor returns to the car park, they must proceed to one of the full-service pay stations (pre-paid vouchers cannot be used at exit boom-gates).
- To use the pre-paid voucher, the customer must:
- Insert their parking ticket into the Pay Station.
- When prompted for payment, insert the voucher.
- If additional payment is required, the remaining balance can then be paid using any available payment method.
- Once payment has been received, the parking ticket will be returned; the ticket can be used to immediately exit the boom-gate.