- Park in a well lit, busy area. Make sure your surroundings are safe prior to getting out of your car.
- Do not leave valuables in your car.
- Always lock your car when leaving it.
- Walk confidently to or from your car with your keys held ready to open the door or to be used as a weapon.
- Check the back seat or hatch for intruders before getting into your car.
- Once inside, lock all doors and if possible leave windows up until you have reached your destination.
- If a passing motorist indicates that you should stop, keep driving to a service station. If you decide to stop, stay in the car with the doors locked and the window partly opened to speak through. Drive away if you feel threatened.
- Carry a mobile phone and download the SafeZone app