Emergency SMS Text MessagingIf a crisis occurs on Campus, QUT will advise you.
- In addition to conventional methods of emergency notification you may receive an SMS message on the mobile phone number that you have provided for emergency purposes. To facilitate this additional service, students and staff are encouraged to maintain the currency of their mobile phone number and other contact details held by the University.
- If you wish to update this information, please follow the directions below:
- Students - Emergency mobile numbes can be updated in eStudent. Under "Personal Details" tab, "Phone Numbers" section, "Preferred Voicemail - Mobile (SMS)".
- Staff - Emergency mobile numbers can be updated in StaffConnect. Under "My HR", "Personal Details", "Personal Contact", "Emergency Mobile Phone". Please note that for new staff this information will automatically be updated on the personal mobile phone number provided unless otherwise indicated.
- As with all methods of communication, text messaging has limitations so it is important to remember that it is only one of many solutions for emergency communications.
Remember, unless the matter is extremely urgent, do not use your phone to make calls during a crisis as it will block out the use of the telecommunication system by the emergency services.
- An evacuation or shelter in place situation may be implemented as a result of fire, gas leak, extreme climatic conditions, bomb threat, intruder on campus, earthquake, explosion or other crises. Therefore, it is important that everyone is familiar with the Emergency Procedures. If you are not sure please contact your Chief Warden for clarification.