On this page
- Warden Forms
- Chief Warden Meetings
- Who Are Your Wardens
- Warden Training
- Emergency Evacuation Diagrams
- Go Bag
- Frequently Asked Questions
At QUT, the ECO for your building consists of the Chief Warden, Deputy Chief Warden assisted by a number of wardens appointed for each building on campus. The chief warden reports to the Controller in a major emergency involving 2 or more buildings.
The wardens required for each building are appointed by the Security Manager following recommendations by managers of areas occupying space within the building. Managers are provided materials that they may use to make their recommendations. The pro-forma will also clearly specify the obligations of the manager and the commitments required of the position of warden.
The chief warden reports to the Security Manager regarding implementation of a building evacuation plan, coordination of building evacuations and the proper maintenance of warden fire safety equipment.
Any form you will need as a Warden can be found below:
- Administration Guide (MS Word 38KB)
- Evacuation Report (MS Word, 45 KB)
- Monthly Housekeeping Checklist (MS Word, 28KB)
- On-Line Monthly Housekeeping Checklist
- Warden Appointment Checklist (MS Word, 28KB)
- Warden Appointment Form (MS Word, 33KB)
- Warden Emergency Posters (MS Word, 191 KB)
- Warden Feedback
- Warden Identification Card
- Personal Emergency Evacuation Plan
To assist you as the Chief Warden to perform your role we have scheduled the Chief/Deputy Chief Warden meetings as detailed below. This meeting will bring you up to date on any legislative changes as well as give you the opportunity to let us know any problems you are encountering. In addition it will give you the opportunity to meet the other staff performing a similar role within the University.
We invite both the Chief Warden and their Deputy to attend these meetings.
- The meeting is generic so you can attend at any campus
|Gardens Point||2015 dates TBA|
2015 dates TBA
The QUT Emergency Control Organisation Excel Version HTML Version contacts list is updated regularly to inform you of who is the respective warden in your area. If you know of any additions or amendments please let the Emergency Response Coordinator know as soon as possible.
At QUT training in emergency procedures is conducted by the Security Section. When members of the Emergency Control Organisation (Wardens) are appointed they must attend the Initial Training session to gain the necessary knowledge to perform their role safely, and then annually attend a Refresher Training session to keep up to date with any legal/procedural changes. It is mandatory to register for this training through StaffConnect.
The registration process can be found in Training under the Individual Area of Staff Connect, click on "Training Requests" than "Add New Record", look for the heading "WARD - WARDEN TRAINING", select the appropriate campus and course and then nominate and complete the details
Gardens Point Evacuation Diagrams
To help you to be personally prepared for a major emergency event, you should have a “Go Bag” within easy reach with the essential emergency supplies that you might need. This could include:
- Essential medication
- Personal first aid kit
- Food, non-perishable food such as: muesli bars, chocolate/sweets
- Walking shoes and rain coat
- Water bottle
- Torch and small AM radio
- Contact details for your immediate family
Am I required to complete any documentation when appointed as a warden?
Do I need to attend Emergency Procedures Training?
- Yes it is a requirement that on appointment as a warden you attend an Initial Training session, and annually attend Refresher Training
What are my duties and responsibilities as a warden?
- Your duties and responsibilities can be found within the QUT Emergency Procedures Manual
Is there any recognition for me as a warden?
- Staff who voluntarily perform formal health and safety roles are eligible to receive two additional days special leave per annum Voluntary Health and Safety Roles
Am I indemnified in my role as a warden?
- Yes you are, as an employer, QUT Council indemnifies staff in respect of the lawful and proper actions considered to be within the scope of their employment at the University. The details of this indemnity can be found within the MOPP
If I have any concerns or questions, who do I contact?
- You should contact the Emergency Response Coordinator on ext 80264, email firstname.lastname@example.org.