QUT Conditions of Use of University Vehicles
- University vehicles may be driven only by authorised QUT employees/students on official business of the University ("University vehicle" includes any hire vehicle). Bookings may only be made by QUT staff.
- Authorisation to students will only be given after a request is made in writing from their Head of School either via email or a Student Vehicle Requisition form (PDF, 64KB) prior to the date of hire.
- All drivers wishing to use University vehicles must show their current drivers licence and QUT ID card at their first hire. For subsequent hires these do not need to be shown. On signing the key sign-out register, the driver is certifying that he or she has a valid licence. The Transport and Main Roads website explains the requirements for holders of interstate or foreign licences.
- The vehicle keys must be collected by the staff member in whose name the vehicle is booked. Hirers who require other staff/students to collect the keys must notify the Logistics Centre staff prior to the hire.
- Vehicles are inspected pre and post hire by Logistics Centre staff. However it is advised that drivers inspect vehicles for damage prior to departure. Repair costs to a maximum of $500.00 (insurance excess) are payable by the user's cost centre in relation to any vehicle related accidents or damages identified post-hire. User liability also extends to RACQ charges resulting from the user's driving or lack of due care (ie. leaving the headlights/internal lights on).
- No person may drive a University vehicle while under the influence of alcohol or drugs, or suffering from any disability, which might impair their control of the vehicle.
- Drivers must follow the strict observance of all traffic regulations and
signs. Drivers are liable for any infringements incurred through the use of
- Drivers are responsible for cleanliness, maintenance, road worthiness and security of vehicles whilst in their care. Unscheduled cleaning costs and QUT Insecurity Notices will be charged to the cost centre of the driver responsible. When a vehicle is left unattended, keys must be removed and all doors
locked against unauthorised entry. Smoking is prohibited in all University vehicles.
- Drivers must refuel the vehicle at a service station when the fuel gauge
registers one quarter full or less. Drivers failing to do this may incur a charge equivalent to the late fee. A fuel card is included with each vehicle's keys and is only valid for the vehicle specified on the card. Fleet vehicles are to be filled with unleaded petrol only (except for shuttle buses). Drivers must swipe the fuel card, quote the odometer reading to the console operator, sign for the purchase,
and return the receipt to Campus Services KG. We advise to allocate refuelling time on the outgoing journey when planning bookings and departure times as Campus Services takes no responsibility for commencing fuel levels.
- Drivers must complete all fields on the blue log
card that is provided on key collection. Please ensure these cards are filled out completely and accurately as incorrect or blank entries can affect charging.
- Drivers must report any accident or other incident involving a University
vehicle immediately to the Logistics Centre. QUT fleet vehicles are covered by RACQ for breakdown service and towing.
- When a University vehicle is involved in an accident, the driver should
make no admission of responsibility and obtain the following information (if applicable):
- Name and address of the drivers and owners (if not the driver) of all other vehicles and property involved.
- The make, model and registration number of all other vehicle/s involved.
- Name of the other party's insurance company and whether the policy is comprehensive, third party (property) or third party (personal) only.
- Names and addresses of injured persons.
- Names and addresses of any witnesses to the accident (if possible).
- Parking is only permitted in designated areas on QUT campuses and according to the permit on the vehicle. Parking
is NOT permitted on yellow painted gutters, in laneways, footpaths, and pedestrian thoroughfares.
- Keys are distributed from the service counter located in the Logistics Centre, on F block level 1 at Kelvin Grove campus. For after hours returns, please deposit the keys and blue log card in the chute located near the Logistics Centre entry doors.
- Users are permitted to remove the cargo barriers in the station wagons. The hirer is responsible for reinstalling the cargo barrier prior to returning the vehicle after hire. The cost centre is liable for a $24 fee if a cargo barrier is not correctly fitted after a vehicle is hired.
- A GPS device is available on request for Kelvin Grove Fleet users at a charge of $5.00 per day. By signing the device out in the GPS registry, the user is agreeing to the terms and conditions of use printed on the registry cover.